What Is Action Plan?
We believe that young minds hold the key to solve numerous challenges that have plagued our society for so long. It’s the need of time to channelize this energy in the right direction which can definitely change the lives of people around us. Abhyuday 2020-21 brings to you, Action-Plan, the social entrepreneurship contest which revolves around the 3I’s mantra: Ideate - Innovate - Implement. In order to fulfil these dreams, Abhyuday IIT Bombay brings together the brightest from colleges, the best from corporate, the learnt from academia and the experienced from NGOs and creates a platform where young minds are nurtured to create solutions that have the potential to bring about grass root level changes.
Highlights of Action Plan 2k19-20
Panel Incubators and Investors
Launch of Competition and Playbook Submission
PAN India workshop
First-round conclusion and result announcement
Round 2 conclusion and Result Declaration
*Subjected to minor changes.Participants will be notified beforehand.
Mentors stand to gain the satisfaction of making a difference in a fledgling entrepreneur's life and contributing back to society. In addition, they also get to keep in touch with new technologies, people, and networks by working with the young entrepreneurs.Action plan teams come from different parts of the country and thus through this competition, mentors are able to get in touch with the local problems prevailing elsewhere in the country.
As a mentor, you will not only guide students in developing an action plan of a particular social problem but also you will get an exposure of many social clashes and issues happening in different localities of India. You will be mentoring around 2-3 teams working in a sector that aligns with your field of work. The interaction with the teams will be online and the time invested would be around 1 to 2 hours per week.To know more, contact us
Rules And Eligibility
- There is no age restriction on any individual to participate. Anyone, from students to working professionals across the nation, can participate.
- Any startup incorporated before 3 years of the conclusion i.e. before January 2018 will not be allowed to participate. You will be required to submit proof of the same during the competition process.
- Action Plan aims to promote startups that require assistance in funding, mentoring, etc. Therefore startups who have raised external funding i.e. funding from angel investors, venture capitalists, etc. cannot participate
- A team can register with minimum two and maximum eight members including the Team Leader.
- Team leader will be point of contact for any correspondence for team. Team should use their team leader email address for future correspondence.
- Team must abide by timely instructions, guidelines and ethics provided by Abhyuday with general business ethics.
- Additionally the plan should solve a critical social problem in an innovative as well as transformational manner. It should have some quantifiable social return. Further entries eligible for incubation opportunities should abide by the eligibility of that particular company.
Winners Of 2020
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
- Blis care
Frequently Asked Questions
Step 2- You will have to provide Team leader's details, Team Members' details, postal and other details as required. You will receive a confirmation mail.
Step 3- After getting confirmation mail, you can proceed for submission.
NOTE:- Mentors are there to guide you not to give you solutions of your problems.
“Action plan provided a wonderful opportunity filled with new learnings and great connections and keeping it open age event has given a diverse background a reality check for the work on their startups. At each level it gave me a new challenge which has helped my startup to a great extent. It is a platform which recognizes social work or entrepreneurship as a social sector for a better society at the same time it is very well structured and loaded with learnings. The event was judged on strictly defined parameters which actually helped us and all judges gave valuable feedback. We received valuable connections which also helped us post events. Overall, a great effort by team Abhyuday, IIT Bombay.”
“I have been fortunate to be associated with an initiative that is aimed at providing social entrepreneurship. The entire program is not only innovative but also well structured and scientifically administered where elements of creativity with sound sense of organizational ability is judged. The commendation goes to the entire Abhyuday’s team who put in real hard work to make this competition qualitative.”
“Abhyuday provided us a great platform where we found like-minded people and organisations (in judging panels) trying to help social enterprises. That's what every social entrepreneur wants and that's exactly what the Action Plan provides us with. Mentor-connect by Abhyuday has played a huge role for us and I am sure the same is true for every participant in the Action Plan. Kudos to the Abhyuday team!!!”